Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hilltop Lakes

A few weeks ago Christy and I went to College Station together to take care of some school stuff for her. It was nice, we planned it a few weeks out, and were able to spend the whole day in College station together. A part of this trip I decided to take her to my grandparents old house in Hilltops Lakes.

Well, for anyone reading this who has no clue what or where Hilltop Lakes is it is the area that my grandparents lived for over 20 years. A very memorable place for myself and my family. It is about 35 minutes from Bryan/College Station. I took Christy out there to show her a huge piece our families history.
Chuck and Syble lived in Hilltop until my grandfather passed away in 2002. Shortly after we moved my grandmother to a nursing home that could care for her in Sugarland, and eventually we sold there house in Hilltop Lakes.
It has been at least 3 years since I've been up there, and nothing has changed. It still feels like Mama and Papa's.

I took a few pictures for my sisters and parents to see so we could all reminisce about our times at Hilltop lakes.




1 comments:

Exum Family

Yay! I finally fixed your comments. That was so frustrating!

I'm glad to see that you have a blog. I'm excited about reading it. Those pictures of Hilltop make me happy-sad. Happy b/c I loved our time there so much. Sad b/c that time is over.

So what did you say to the gate guard when you entered?