Friday, September 11, 2009

I can post again!!!

Well, good news all you readers of "the" blog I can post, because I have time! So, dad, adrienne, meredith, and Christy get excited!


What to write about today??? Well, today is Friday! Do you know what that means??? You probably do, but I never have, well atleast not since High School. Friday over the last 8 or 9 years has been known as the day where I serve you some sort of consumable treat! I now know that Fridays rule!!!! I thought to myself this morning, "this is why someone actually thought a restraunt proclaiming the greatness of this day would work??? Smart person.


I would also like to take a moment and say I love packing my lunch for work. Why does it taste so good???!!! Why does a peanut butter and jelly sandwich taste 10 times better after it has been refrigerated for 5 hours after conception? Or, why does a bag of goldfish jump out of your Igloo Maxcold lunch box screaming "i'm here for you!" Better yet, why is it that a little tiny treat called Jello make you go old school like the lunch lady snuck you a few extra bread rolls at school? All I know is this, my lunch time is worth the 8 hours of typing, filing, reading, reviewing, and laughing at people who get stressed because the printer's jammed. LOL! Actually the last part although it may be a tiny bit mean is very entertaining.



Try this on for size those perplexed by the amazingness of a printer, "Can I have a 4 shot, upside down, non-fat, stirred really really good, extra caramel, whip, and 6 pumps of vanilla caramel macchiato." "Uh mam, what size?" "I said, a venti 4 shot, upside down, stirred really really good, extra caramel, and 6 pumps of vanill caramel macchiato." "Um mam, did you want it non-fat and with whip." "No! I didn't ask for non-fat or whip!"

I know, I know, the printer says paper jam in tray 1. What do we do??? Let's locate tray 1, and love on it for a little bit. LOL!

Just kidding with all this. These are just the musings of my first week in what I like to call normalness. I've learned how to handle stress a great deal over the last decade, because of work, so this really is just an added skill to my set. This job hopefully will stay the same, and Christy and I can move up in both our companies and enjoy our NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS!!!


4 comments:

Christy

Honey, I love you. I'm so happy that you are embracing normalcy! I am so happy for YOU!!! You'll find yourself so in love with life and not stressed out. I love you so much!

The Sauer Family

that was hilarious! especially about the printer...i can totally feel you on that one. i was the printer girl at Vicon because it seemed to stress everyone else out. i was like "i just left a job where i basically ran a household, potty trained a two year old, and had a drama queen 6 year old. i can handle a copy machine". Plus, we have big ron to thank!

love you...cannot believe i am moving back in 10 days! count 'em!
woohoo!

Exum Family

I am so glad you are back! Wow! That was so hilarious. I miss those intense deep belly laughs that you always give me. The printer story was hilarious. I especially loved the Starbucks order. I can't believe people actually rattle off drink orders like that.

You are right, your jobs certainly have give you the skill of handling stress. Maybe that's what I need to do...go retail! Hopefully motherhood will help me with that.

So, yesterday, I decided I would nickname you "8-5" because I am so happy that you are working that kind of schedule. You will love it and so do we! It truly benefits us too!

You are the best brother ever and you are about to marry the best woman ever! Man, I miss you!!

Oh, Mer is right about thanking Big Ron - copy machines/printers never stress me out either. Thanks, Dad!

Anonymous

Big Ron is the man...He has taught us all a lot of things about life and handling stress. Working 8 to 5, the 9 to 5 lady, Dolly Parton, has nothing on you. Normal, now that is what I'm talking about. Finally, no more nights or weekends and off on holidays. I am not sure if you are going to be able to handle all of this down time, but I am so thankful you at getting to see what it's like It is definitely a benefit for the entire family. It was great getting to spend Saturday afternoon with you, Christy, Rudy and Gilda. WOW....HE'S BACK.......