Monday, September 14, 2009

My Mom said "Buckup!"

My wonderful mother (and probably yours too) decided to tell me to "buckup" today after I wrote about missing Christy and how weekends can also be seen as a tease.

I don't really know what "buck up" means. I'm not a buck, if I had a $ I wouldn't throw it up, and I know my name is not Buck. Again, my mother has discovered another fabulous phrase or term to use to describe a situation.

My all time favorite is "i'll be darn!" Why does she want to be darn??? I don't even know what "darn" is, and if I did I don't think I would want to be it.

Thus, my mother has filled my life with many laughable moments at her expense, however her heart is tender enough to laugh along.

Please share your favorite phrases that really make no sense, but we/you use them anyways.

I'll be darn!

2 comments:

The Sauer Family

maybe she meant to say...suck it up...don't be a sally...boo hoo, get over it...maybe she really meant to say buck up...like she says all of her random, country-fied colloquialisms. i find myself saying them more each day but for the life of me cannot think of ONE right now. i love you brother...thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous

FYI - "buckup" - deal with it....
I am so glad that I can help everyone to have a good laugh. Isn't it great that some things never change ......